Well it's finally here; happy December! We're now in the midst of the holiday season and getting ready for all of the fun that's to come later this month!
Whether you're headed to Christmas dinners or maybe some New Year's celebrations, (or you're just staying in and want to feel a little extra glam! You don't need an excuse!) I always find it fun to get a little more dolled up especially during this time of year! So if you're looking to mix it up and need some makeup inspiration to get you ready for wherever you're headed, keep reading to get the product rundown of one of my current favorite eyeshadow looks!
Personally, I've been loving going more dramatic on the eyes and pulling it together with a sharp wing and fresh set of falsies! However, you can easily adjust the look to your liking depending on how dramatic you want to go - that's the beauty of makeup!
I absolutely love the tones in this. I only used three different matte shades, but they all blended together so nicely and created this gorgeous cool and rich smoky eye that just reminds me of winter time! Even though today's focus is on the eyes, I kept the rest pretty toned down as far as the face and lips go. Bronzy skin and nude lips are always a safe bet, but again, adjust to how you see fit! So enough talking, here's the breakdown of what I used to achieve this look!
1. Shadows: Urban Decay Naked Smokey Eye Palette
- Lid: Combust
- Whole crease + along lower lashline: Whiskey
- Blended into outer corner: Password
| Additional notes |
- When blending Whiskey + Password, line the straight edge of a tube or some tape from your outer corner to the end of your brow to achieve that sharp diagonal.
2. Liner & Lashes
- Wet 'N Wild Photo Focus Lash Primer
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner
- Ardell False Lashes - Wispies
- Tightline + Waterline: L'Oreal Infallible Eyeliner in Carbon Black
| Additional notes |
- For the wing shape, start at the outer corner and draw up toward the edge of the brow just like the shape of the eyeshadow. As you near the tip of the wing, lighten your pressure to get that ultra-fine point. From there, you can fill the rest in and thicken the line to your liking for the perfect cat eye.
- For the lashes, even if you choose to leave out the falsies, the primer and mascara alone are my secret to super long + thick lashes! They are my two everyday go-to's!
- Applying the primer and letting it set for a minute before the mascara goes on makes such a difference!
- You can easily skip this step, but I definitely encourage you to try out the Ardell Wispies! I can't say enough about these. (No really, I've been wearing them everyday, I'm addicted!) They're a staple of mine because they appear so lush and voluminous while maintaining that barley-there feel. Apply them after your mascara for added fullness!
This holiday season, be sure to sport the looks that make you feel your most confident self! You deserve to feel your best and to enjoy all that's ahead this month!
Keep an eye out for more holiday inspiration in the coming weeks and be sure to share your looks with me using hashtag #clotheinconfidence on Instagram!
Until next time you can keep up with the latest by following me on social media linked below!